The Cisco 5520 Series Wireless LAN Controller is a highly scalable, service-rich, resilient, and flexible platform that is ideal for medium-sized to large enterprise and campus deployments.
Features and Capabilities
The 5520 Series comes with integrated services:
- Application Visibility and Control (AVC) provides granular classification and prioritization of thousands of business-critical apps with dynamic protocol updates
- Location-aware Bonjour and Chromcast support services advertised across a Layer 3 network at a user and device level
- Embedded Policy Classification Engine offers simplified BYOD with native device profiling and onboard services
- Software-defined segmentation with Cisco TrustSec reduces access control list maintenance, complexity, and overhead
Better wireless experience for Apple devices
Get seamless roaming, a fast lane for business applications, and faster troubleshooting when your Apple mobile devices pair with Cisco technology.
The 5520 Series offers exceptional scalability:
- Support up to 1500 access points and 20,000 clients
- Optimize 802.11ac Wave 2 next-generation networks with 20 Gb throughput
- Consolidate multiple controllers into one with a single point of touch
- Support centralized, distributed, and mesh deployments
- Deploy Cisco FlexConnect in sites with up to 100 access points in up to 1500 groups
The 5520 Series offers high-availability features for uninterrupted application availability and no incremental system downtime:
- Sub-second failover for access point and client failover for uninterrupted application availability
- Dual-redundant Gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Solid state device-based storage-no moving parts
- Optional redundant, hot-swappable power supply for no incremental system downtime
- Enhanced system uptime with fast system restarts
Cisco offers a wide array of controllers and access points that can support wireless functions in organizations of all sizes. The range includes branch offices to small and medium businesses, to large campus and service provider environments.