Silver Peak WAN optimization software accelerates data movement between data centers, branch offices and the cloud. It uses real-time optimization techniques to solve network quality, capacity and distance challenges, resulting in fast and reliable access to information anywhere in the world. Silver Peak software can be deployed as VX virtual appliances, which are virtual machines that run on all major hypervisors. The software can also be deployed as standalone NX hardware appliances. Various virtual and physical models exist for cost effective deployment in any enterprise location, from small branch/remote locations to the largest data centers.
All Silver Peak products support the same functionality. However, by deploying VX software on third-party hardware, such as servers, routers, switches, and storage arrays, Silver Peak virtual appliances also deliver the following benefits:
- Ease of deployment / mobility – instantly deploy Silver Peak’s WAN optimization technology anywhere in the world; Easily re-locate appliances as needed to follow workloads.
- Reduced IT costs – consolidate different applications onto common hardware platforms.
- High availability – Leverage existing high availability tools inherent in virtual solutions (e.g. VMware’s vSphere High Availability).
- Flexible platform options – Deploy WAN optimization on any hardware platform of choice, including industry standard x86 servers or other custom platforms.
- Flexible pricing – Lower capital expense by purchasing a virtual appliance as a subscription service; upgrade licenses as more capacity is needed.